Our client is a group of development agencies working in economic, social and cultural development. It is one of the largest manufacturer of generic ethical pharmaceuticals in the East African Region with a reputation for providing quality products at an affordable price. To improve accessibility to affordable and quality health care products in the Region by focusing on; critical therapeutic segments, reliable and consistent service to customers and local manufacturing of newer more effective molecules, it is looking to recruit.
LOCATION: Kampala, Uganda
REPORTING TO: General Manager
EXPECTATIONS OF THE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The person will have full responsibility and accountability for the day to day running of HC business in the East African Region, including delivering the profitability as per the approved five year strategic plan (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and investments). The manager will be intimately involved in working the General Manager and the CEO to develop and implement the long term plans of the Company.
Main responsibilities will be to develop and implement strategies to grow the business in line with the strategic plan, and will include:
• To ensure growth and development of existing business
• To motivate and drive the Rwanda team to deliver the results
• To identify new business opportunities i.e.
a) New products identification, development and launch
b) New markets (Geographical expansion)
c) New segments (NGO’s, faith based institutions, etc.)
• To liaise with government and other authorities to ensure a conducive environment
• To supervise and manage sales and marketing team in Uganda
• To prepare and oversee the implementation of marketing plans
• To carry out market research and advise management accordingly.
• To promote the company and improve its image on a continuous basis.
• Working within the ethical and moral framework of the AKDN
• Prepare timely reports for departmental and management review
PROFILE OF THE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT/SALES MANAGER - VET
The ideal candidate will have the following profile
• Self-motivated and results driven
• Dynamic and hands on experienced manager
• Able to drive a team to achieve results
• Experience of working within a multi-cultural environment
• Strong ethical and moral principles
• Strong customer relation skills
• Eloquent with excellent presentation skills
• A degree in sales/marketing, economics or basic science
• Minimum 5 years selling experience (pharmaceutical an advantage)
• Proven ability to lead teams to achieve results
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below.
E-mails that exceed 2MB will not be considered.
Address: Plot 8 Kitante Close P.O. Box 12405 Kampala.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.